Re: Minor problems with Gravitar

From: Bryan Kruzynski <tron_at_voyager.net>
Date: Fri Oct 05 2001 - 13:22:28 EDT

> ... Anyway, the Gravitar pretty much works fine,
> except in the top one third of the monitor there is a little bit of
> distortion. It makes the score text look a little curved and funky, not
> really distracting, but if anyone has any ideas on what's causing this, I'd
> love to attempt to fix it. ...

Below is how I fixed my 6100 with the same problem.

Thanks to Jon Raiford for this one.

All you need to do is pull C703 and C603. This should be done on all
6100 deflection boards as far as I'm concerned. I've seen this problem
on two monitors now, and pulling these caps did the trick. The only
reason I originally pulled them was because they were pulled for the
latest rev of the monitor for no apparent reason.. Turns out that these
isolated wavy lines were the reason :)

Bryan