Amplifone HV

From: Bret Pehrson <bret_at_infowest.com>
Date: Sun Oct 14 2001 - 21:58:02 EDT

I'm trying to nail down some problems w/ two Amplifone HV boards and 5
deflection boards. I've started by trying to diagnose the HV boards.

On one HV board, I've recapped and installed a new BU409D (previous owner
had installed a BU409!). The other I haven't touched yet.

I wanted to rule out a bad HVT (all have WinTron units). I tested using
Dick Smith's LOPT/FBT tester, and get wildly different results in and out of
circuit. I used a known working HV unit as a control, and here are my
results:

Leads Rings (in circuit/out of circuit)
        control HV1 HV2
orn/red 3/5 1/5 3/5
grn/red 2/1 2/1 2/1
orn/yel 3/1 1/1 3/1
grn/yel 2/3 -/4 1/4

Can anyone verify these #'s. I'm presuming that the HVTs are good because
they compare (out of circuit) w/ the control unit. However, in circuit is a
different story -- anyone have some insight as to what component(s) are bad
from these in-circuit rings?

Thanks

---
Bret Pehrson