Re: Wintron install: Does this look right?

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu Oct 25 2001 - 00:49:42 EDT

First, did you check for a square waveform at the base of the BU406D before
it was installed??

One other thing I didn't notice (or perhaps my eyes are going bad at age 34)
was the 5w 50 ohm resistors at the regs. I couldn't see these from Dan's
component side pics. Make sure these are installed...

As far as the overvoltage curcuit goes, I would set R17 to it's center
position, and then adjust R7 until you get an acurate 19.5 kv reading on the
anode.

>>The LED isn't on. I suppose it could be bad (didn't test
it). Is it guaranteed to go on if there is an overvoltage
situation? I'll see if I can borrow an HV probe (Joel...)<<

I do NOT suggest trying to adjust your HV without proper use of a HV probe!
Please try to get a probe to do this correctly; see the "adjusting the HV"
section of the faq..

All this talk of Amplifone HV is making me regret the faq version 1.1 has not
been corrected to show the correct WinTron wire positions according to the
"clock" theory I used in the faq. Could someone (perhaps Jess if he's
listening) please correct my faq so that it shows correct orientation of the
WinTron wires?