Re: another asteroids question

From: Andy Welburn <warlords_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Sat Apr 27 2002 - 15:57:52 EDT

> Yeah, I got the game not working (just has a 60hz hum in the audio speaker
> which makes me think power supply or A/R board issues) but when powered
off
> you get the spot in the center of the screen which leads me to believe
> that the G05 still has HV at least.

indeed.. it also shows that the electrolytic capacitor C501 is probably
dried out...

> The frame has corrosion spots all over it (I'm guessing this thing was in
> a damp basement for at least a few years of it's life at one point), and
> their is corrosion on parts on the G05-801 power supply board, but despite
> that, the monitor just may work.... who knows... gotta go through the
> power supply section first...
>
> Thanks everyone for all the info on this roids.... I wonder if Atari
> started the serial numbers at 10000... if they did, I have a very very
> early roids.
>
> I think someone put a 3rd party (not atari design, at least not like
> I've seen) overlay on it, then mounted with 4 bolts plexi over the
surface.

is it like mainly red in colour with a 3d view into a box like design?

> I assume all roids have the standard painted red/white/blue/black panel
> correct ?

yeh, but they did make overlays 'back in the day' for the operators that
were finding the panels were experiencing heavy wear. these had the same
artowrk but with a black border around it, an atari part number and rounded
off corners..

> Also, the left, right, thrust, etc buttons are orange... I believe these
> should be white buttons no ?

yup.

> Thanks everyone,
>
> -- Curt