Re: Asteroids Deluxe in an FPGA

From: <solarfox_at_texas.net>
Date: Fri Jun 25 2004 - 21:30:36 EDT

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 16:24:08 +0000, you wrote:

>Does anyone have a program that'll shuffle the left and right ROMs
>into one nice file (preferably a nice ASCII file instead of binary)?
>Maybe I'll force myself to get some serious work done on this in the
>comming weeks....we really need this to preserve these CCPU based games....
>if we put the CCPU into an FPGA, it's useless to use that split-ROM method
>Cinematronics had to use.

        Unless you want to make a drop-in replacement board, in which case it
might be useful to be able to just transplant the existing ROMs instead of
having to burn new ones...

        Or were you planning to embed all of the ROM images right into the
FPGA? :)
"In ancient times, they believed that there were only four kinds of matter:
Earth, Water, Air, and Fire. Nowadays, of course, we know that there are
actually four states of matter: Solid, Liquid, Gas, and Plasma. Thank God
for progress!" ---(Kelvin Throop III)