Asteroids problem....double images (fainter and to the right horizontally)

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_telus.net>
Date: Thu Mar 04 2010 - 12:25:35 EST

OK, I'm getting lazy, but I'm wondering if anyone has seen a board
problem that causes double images horizontally?

This is only shows in the text and rocks - but when you put up the test
screen the crosshatch is normal, and the vector test works correctly as
well (using Test and Diag switches).

In the self test screen the dip switch 00000000 are echoed to the right
about 4 off and fainter. The "11" (coin setting) above shows a single
fainter "1" spaced to the right as well.

In attract mode the screen has flicking text scattered around and the
CPU resets frequently. In test mode the display is static and the CPU
does not reset.

Vector ROM and RAM substitutions do not change this result.

I am about to pull out the Signature analyzing tools, but was wondering
if anyone has seen this one before.

Thanks!

John :-#)#

                 www.flippers.com