Re: Cine games, MH and other stuff..

From: Jeff Anderson <mayday19_at_IDT.NET>
Date: Mon Feb 09 1998 - 23:28:44 EST

On Mon, 9 Feb 1998, Zonn wrote:

> It uses a standard optical sensor, except it has much higher resolution than the
> other games, you would have to do a lot of spinning to get the glove to rotate
> just once. (around 4:1 I believe.)

I guess I could just make one using a Tempest spinner, and make the disc
in photoshop and print it out as a transparency and sandwich it between
plastic just like speed freak..

> >Another thing I was wondering about is that whenever I turn on the Armor
> >Attack, the CRT heater gets REALLY bright, say 10 times brighter than it
> >should be for just a second, then it works normally. This doesn't seem
> >normal to me, but the heater is directly driven by the PS 6V right? I
> >swapped out PSs and it still happened
>
> The CRT getting bright in then dimming down is normal for Cinematronics game.
> When the filament is cold is resistance is low, so it draws more current. As it
> heats up the resistance goes up and the current consumption goes down.

Yeah, that is true for any light bulb, but this thing is abnormally
bright... Kurt is probably right. I never even thought of that. The tube
still looks great though.. We'll see how long it lasts then as it is
operated every day...

thanks!
Jeff