RE: Covering burn in (was RE: Picture tube re-builder?)

From: Bret Pehrson <bret_at_classicade.com>
Date: Mon Jul 02 2001 - 15:33:58 EDT

Certain types of commercial window tinting film are designed to be formed to
the shape of the window by first applying it to the outside of the window
and heating w/ a heat gun. The formed piece is then removed and applied to
the inside of the window, resulting in a custom formed fit.

You would have to check color availability.

Another benefit of applied films is that it probably would get rid of
apparent scratches on the CRT face.