Re: Troubleshooting for Omega Race?

From: Mark E Davidson <mark_at_basementarcade.com>
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 09:51:53 EDT

Id like to chime in here, although it is of topic. I have found the same
problem to be true for MCR games as well (tron, DOT, Tapper,etc) Power
measuring good in and good out of the linear supply, but scoped show too
much ripple for the CPU to run. Nine times out of 10, When Pulling the
caps I find them bloated on the top, (where you cant see them until you
take the whole thing apart ) or pissing out the relief valve on top. As
a rule of thumb, I replace them whenever A new machine enters the shop
regardless. Food for thought.

-=Mark=-