Re: Looking for . . .

From: <solarfox_at_texas.net>
Date: Mon Oct 13 2003 - 22:25:17 EDT

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 09:17:19 +1000, you wrote:

>> I have raised this one from death. Controls all work. Only problem
>> left: flourescent light fixture causes the breakers to blow after

>I've had this happen before and it has been faulty ballast transformers
>in the flouro circuits.
>There's probably a bad winding in it that shorts or gets worse when it
>gets hot, replacing the ballast transformer should fix it.
>
>Someone else probably knows better than me where to get one in the USA!

        Home De(s)pot. :-) Failing that, any good lighting-supplies store;
look in the Yellow Pages. OTOH, it might be easier just to install a whole
new fixture; you can buy complete fluorescent lights for about $10 at any
good hardware store.

"In ancient times, they believed that there were only four kinds of matter:
Earth, Water, Air, and Fire. Nowadays, of course, we know that there are
actually four states of matter: Solid, Liquid, Gas, and Plasma. Thank God
for progress!" ---(Kelvin Throop III)